Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Delaware
University of Delaware lifelong learning programs
Gift certificates available
OLLI membership makes a great gift!
Request a catalog
Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes are membership organizations for adults 50 and over to take classes, teach, and exchange ideas. No grades or exams, no educational prerequisites, just learning for fun. The University of Delaware is proud of its history as one of the earliest and largest lifelong learning programs in the country.
Affectionately nicknamed “OLLI,” the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute offers educational, cultural and personal enrichment opportunities like …
- Building new friendships
- Enjoying travel and social opportunities
- Living life to the fullest after retirement
- Being part of a larger community of people with similar interests
You might also be interested in…
- March 10-April 14: Statewide OLLI Juried Art Exhibit
OLLI members and the public are invited to the Statewide OLLI Juried Art Exhibit featuring OLLI artists’ work, March 10-April 14 at the Dover Public Library.
- Tuition-free degree completion for Delaware residents over age 60
- Metropolitan Opera Study Trips
- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS)
- Events taking place at the University of Delaware
Request a catalog
Summer catalogs will be available in April!
Recharge your mind and make new friends
- Intellectual and cultural exploration
- No exams or grades
- Enjoy learning for fun and enrichment
What members say…
Rewards of volunteering—
“The rewards for volunteering are in many ways adding more to my life than a bank could hold. I am surrounded by people with like interests. I have new goals every day. My self-esteem has improved as well as my health and general well-being.”
Continuing to experience delight—
“We are committed to bring the fullness of our life experiences to share with others. I feel fulfilled, knowing that at age 84, I can still contribute, that I can play and grow, and that I can continue to experience delight. I find new opportunities to serve in ways that I never dreamed possible.”
“It’s the excitement of regaining curiosity about all things great and small, a new challenge, a celebration with many ‘wow’ moments, great camaraderie, knowledgeable instructors and shared laughter and memories.”