Special Speaker Thursdays
Free and open to the public, no registration required!
UD Lifelong Learning Center, 1201 College Park Drive
Join us on Thursdays for interesting special speakers on a wide array of topics. You are welcome to attend every program or select the ones that most interest you. Bring a lunch and enjoy!
- September 28 – “Grasses: Establishing and Maintaining a Healthy Lawn,” Steve DeCarlo, Delaware Master Gardener
- October 5 – “Delaware Legislative Update,” Rep. Trey Paradee, Delaware General Assembly, 29th District
- October 12 – “Report on the Past Legislative Session,” Rep. Sean Lynn, Delaware General Assembly, 31st District
- October 19 – “Pet Therapy and Dogs,” Beth Peterson, Certified Professional Dog Trainer and Delaware Certified Volunteer Administrator
- October 26 – “Unrecognized Women in American History,” Dr. Cynthia Newton, associate professor of political science, Wesley College, Dover
- November 2 – “Personal Histories of Women in the Air Corps in the 1940s,” Tricia Upchurch, instructor and historical interpreter, Air Mobility Command Museum, Dover Air Force Base
- November 9 – “Daddy, What Did You Do in the War?” panel discussion with Pat Weaver, George Christensen, and Joe and Connie Bailey
Schedule is subject to change. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.