- Registering for classes
- Trips & activities
- General information
- Join our mailing list
- Member handbook
Fall 2017: $175
Fall 2017, Spring 2018 combined: $260
Two-semester (fall and spring) or full year membership is available to purchase in the fall only.
Membership is open to men and women 50 years of age or older and to members’ spouses or partners at any age. Whether your formal education ended early in life, or includes advanced degrees, we welcome you. An interest in learning is all that is required.
To register for classes in UD’s Osher Lifelong Learning program in Lewes, members join the program for one semester or two semesters at a time, and then register for as many courses as they like.
Member benefits include…
- Intellectual, cultural and social interaction in a vibrant member-governed organization
- Lifelong learning courses—Register for as many classes as you like in the Lewes/Ocean View program
- Extracurricular activities & trips—Participating in OLLI-Lewes sponsored trips and activities
- UD email & Internet—On-site wireless Internet access, on-site use of computers
- Online, computer related-resources—Student rate on software, access to Google Apps account
- UD, Delaware Tech resources—Use of libraries and online resources
- UD course audit privilege—Auditing one UD credit course per semester
- Student discounts at various venues/retailers
- Some of these benefits require either a UD ID card (small fee) or a UDelNet ID (@udel.edu email account), which are available to all full-year members.
Opportunities of membership
- Get involved—We encourage you to offer new course ideas, serve as instructors, be committee members and contribute items for our newsletter, The Tides: Breaking News from Lifelong Learning. Your active participation is a great way to develop new friendships and be part of a dynamic team!
- Lunch—Social interaction is important to our community. We encourage you to continue class discussion or simply to chat and become better acquainted during the noon hour. Bring your brown-bag lunch and store it in the office refrigerator.
- Membership directory—We are a community and want to be able to contact one another. Please support us by
allowing your address, phone number and email address to be listed in our directory. You can do this on your registration form. We do not share our directory with the general public and rely on our members not to do so or to use it for commercial purposes. It is important that you keep your contact information up to date, so we can advise you of important information and events.