A membership organization for adults 50 and over to enjoy classes, teach, exchange ideas, and travel together. Instructors teach subjects they love to students who are there for the love of learning! [more…]
Download the Fall 2015 course catalog
Lecture series with Prof. Ray Callahan—”1940 Revisited”
Join us for a free Friday lecture series featuring University of Delaware Professor Emeritus Raymond Callahan as he revisits the pivotal year of 1940 in British history and World War II history. Lecture series takes place October 2-December 4 and is open to the public.
November 2-19—Submit course proposals for Summer 2016
Course proposals for the Summer 2016 semester are being accepted November 2-19. The proposal submission period will re-open February 8-18. Click here for details, including course proposal forms.
Special Events Wednesdays
Join us each Wednesday from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. for Special Events that will surely enrich your day. This semester’s events include talks by the Brandywine Zoo’s education curator Melody Whitaker; and Brandywine Museum associate curator Amanda Burdan, speaking on the art of Jamie Wyeth.
Please join the Arsht Hall giving campaign
Join the members and friends of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute in Wilmington whose gifts during this campaign are providing renovations to Arsht Hall and expanding programming opportunities.
Fall 2015 classes take place Sept. 8-Dec. 11, 2015
Drop/Add and late registration—
- In-person drop/add & late registration: Sept. 1-3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Online registration: Available starting September 1
- Mail-in registration accepted anytime
- View a list of closed courses (listing available Aug. 28-Sept. 1)
Course subjects include—
- The Arts
- Information Technology
- Math and Sciences
- Extracurricular Activities
Lifelong learning membership benefits
- Lifelong learning courses—Classes meet once a week in Arsht Hall during the day, Monday through Friday.
- Extracurricular activities—Members can participate in unlimited extracurricular activities in addition to five courses.
- Trips—Member trips and class trips are planned by the Travel Committee.
- Events open to the public—Lectures & enrichment activities. Bring friends and introduce them to the joys of lifelong learning!
- Members-only events—Art exhibits, lectures, musical performances, social events and more.
University of Delaware opportunities and privileges
- University of Delaware ID card—offers UD library privileges, and discounts at some University stores, events and performances
- Auditing University of Delaware courses—Audit of one UD credit course in fall and spring semester on a space available basis without paying tuition.
- Carpenter Sports Building, Student Fitness Center—Members are eligible to purchase UD student fitness center membership.
- Udel Internet access—UD email account and access to WiFi on the UD campus and use of Morris Library databases